About the Author
Steve Passey is from Southern Alberta.
- Tiger Lily Existere Journal of Arts and Literature issue 32.1*
- Shotgun Suicide Big Pulp “M” Issue #1.
- Flower The Molotov Cocktail Volume 5 issue 3.*
- King of Diamonds, King of Hearts Minor Literature[s].*
- The River by the Garden The Molotov Cocktail Volume 6 Issue 10*
- Gravel Roads and Grace, Too The J.J. Outre’ Review Volume 1 Issue 4
- All of the Words to All of the Songs Chicago Literati “Damaged Goods: The Break-Up Issue”*
- The Burning Pile Haverthorn Volume 1 Issue 2.*
- Black Dog Ginosko Literary Review #17.*
- Broke Sunstruck Magazine Volume 2 issue 1.*
- Bruiser Rum Punch Press.*
- One Inch of Air Tracer Publishing.*
- The Sparrow Body Parts Magazine Issue #6: Grave Robbing.
- June 25th, 1977 Bird’s Thumb, June 2016 issue.*
- Cursum Perficio Penny Shorts, July 14, 2016.
- Indolence and Rhyme Toasted Cheese Issue 16.2.*
- Forty-Five Minutes of Unstoppable Rock Bull: Men’s Fiction, July 25, 2016.*
- Cold Enough to See Our Breath Across the Margin, August 31, 2016.*
- Winona at the Window Society of Misfit Stories (Bards & Sages Publishing) November 01, 2016.
- The Fiend in the Folio Ever Dream of Me (Fantasia Divinity Publishing) November 09, 2016 and Fantasia Divinity’s 2016 “best of” Anthology Memories of the Past
- Shiny and Black The Molotov Cocktail Volume 7 issue 21
- Roman Boxing Glove Across the Margin April 7, 2017
- El Centauro Storgy April 12, 2017
- October in “Writing Menopause” (Inanna Press) April 15, 2017
- Sue and Labor in Bloody Key Society Periodical Issue #3 May, 2017
- Out on the Eastern Slopes Vending Machine Press May 24, 2017.
- Love and Rain Vending Machine Press May 24, 2017.
- Temple of the Dog Arcturus June 2, 2017
- Ulysses, King of Hearts Storgy June 16, 2017
- Five Fights Across the Margin August 28, 2017
- Exit Interview The Danforth Review Issue #74 September 10, 2017
- Blowtorch The Occulum September 12, 2017
- Like Break-up Songs on the Radio Bird’s Thumb October 01, 2017
- Shirlena Forty-Five Minutes of Unstoppable Rock (Collection) Tortoise Books 2017*
- Invisible to Men Publication Spelk Fiction October 18, 2017
- The Things of the World Vending Machine Press October 23, 2017
- The Light From the City Vending Machine Press October 23, 2017
- We Bagged Sand All Night Until the Levee Broke Vending Machine Press October 23, 2017
- American Cloven Hoof Anthem The Wyrd Magazine #1 October 24, 2017
- Viking Funeral Storgy November 22, 2017
- We Will Abide by Whatever Comes Here Comes Everyone – The Brutality Issue November 23, 2017
- Songs of Rapture Bull: Men’s Fiction December 18, 2017
- Hummingbird Knowledge, Hummingbird Chance Spelk Fiction February 16, 2018
- The Mick The Sunlight Press April 30, 2018
- In the Ashes of This Empire Spelk Fiction May 23, 2018
- Dominion Across the Margin June 18, 2018
- In #4, Asymptomatic Pithead Chapel Volume 7, Issue #8, August 01, 2018
- Intersection (Parentheses) Spelk Fiction August 08, 2018
- Laying on Hands Accepted/Publication Pending
- Borealis Accepted/Publication Pending
Full Length Fiction:
Forty-Five Minutes of Unstoppable Rock (Collected Short Stories)
Published in 2017 by Tortoise Books (Chicago, Illinois.)
Poetry (Or what I call “Demi-Fiction”)
- The Prophet of Regret (#2) Rat’s Ass Review “Love & Ensuing Madness”
- She Was Wild and Strange and Had Wonderful Hair Rat’s Ass Review “Love & Ensuing Madness”
- There Have Been Others Yellow Chair Review “Rock the Chair” ***
- Homicide, Suicide, Plea Unbroken Journal issue #2, March 2016
- The Wild Girls Sing Yellow Chair Review issue 6.1, March 2016
- Somewhere in Rooms With No Mirrors Unbroken Journal issue #3, May 2016
- 7 AM Automatic Unbroken Journal issue #3, May 2016
- Small Town Hotel Breakfast Special Unbroken Journal issue #3, May 2016
- Cemetery Blackbirds Jungftak.
- Raised on the Farm Yellow Chair Review Issue #8 September 2016
- The Prophet of Regret (#8): Astarte Dreams of Fire and Stars That Fall Like Snow Yellow Chair Review Issue #8 September 2016
- Culling Song Yellow Chair Review Horror Annual 2016.
- That’s Why the Hornet Stung Me in Wax Poetry and Art November 10, 2016.
- The Crow (Culling Song #2) in Wax Poetry and Art November 10, 2016.
- Bury Me Face Down in Wax Poetry and Art November 10, 2016.
- The Salt of Our Bodies is the Salt of Our Rhymes Vending Machine Press January 21, 2017.
- Only Cold Vending Machine Press January 21, 2017.
- Arizona Vending Machine Press January 21, 2017.
- Try, Fail, Try Sick Lit Magazine March 27, 2017
- We Are All Already Dead Sick Lit Magazine March 27, 2017
- This One Rat’s Ass Review Summer 2017 Issue
- The Prophet of Regret (#9) Rat’s Ass Review Summer 2017 Issue
- Letter Unbroken Journal Issue #18 July 01, 2018
- Five Publication Pending
The Coachella Madrigals
Published by Luminous Press (2017)
- Light Me Up, Lift Me Up
- Song of Our Making
- God Bless You and Keep You, Beautiful Angel
- A Soft Voice is An Excellent Thing In a Woman
- All of the Words to All of the Songs
- Pictures She’d Send
- Casablanca, April 2015
- The Prophet of Regret (#7)
- Sleeping Alone on Half the Bed
- Rhymes, Chants, Incantations
- Everything is Epilogue
King of Diamonds, King of Hearts was a semi-finalist (long-list) in Carve Magazine’s 2014 Raymond Carver Contest.
All of the Words to All of the Songs was nominated for a 2016 Pushcart Prize by Chicago Literati.
There Have Been Others won Yellow Chair Review’s “Rock the Chair” poetry challenge. February 14th, 2016.
Bruiser was nominated for a 2017 Pushcart Prize by Rum Punch Press.
The Girl from Alberta was long-listed for Puritan magazine’s annual Thomas A. Morton Memorial Prize in Literature in 2017.
- Stories noted with an asterix “*” appear in the collection Forty-Five Minutes of Unstoppable Rock.
2017: With Poets and Writers of Vending Machine Press: Here